CALL FOR PAPERS
1st International Workshop on Quality-Aware DevOps (QUDOS 2015)
Co-located with the 10th Joint Meeting of the European Software Engineering Conference and the ACM SIGSOFT Symposium on the Foundations of Software Engineering (ESEC/FSE 2015)
Abstract submission deadline June 15, 2015 (extended)
Paper submission deadline June 15, 2015 (extended)
Paper notification July 1, 2015
Camera Ready July 15, 2015 (firm deadline)
Workshop date September 1, 2015
Scope and Topics
The QUDOS workshop focuses on the problem of how to best define and integrate quality assurance methods and tools in DevOps. Quality covers a broadly-defined set of dimensions including performance, reliability, safety, survivability, cost of ownership, among others. To answer this question, the QUDOS workshop wants to bring together experts from academia and industry working in areas such as quality assurance, agile software engineering, and model-based development. The goal is to identify and disseminate novel quality-aware approaches to DevOps.
Topics of interest include, but are not limited to:
- Foundations of quality assurance in DevOps:
- Integration with life-cycle Management
- Automated tool chains
- Architecture patterns; etc.
- Quality assurance in the development phase:
- Software models in early software development phases;
- Languages, annotations and profiles for quality assurance;
- Quality analysis and prediction;
- Optimization-based architecture design;
- Architectural improvements;
- Performance anti-pattern detection;
- Traceability and versioning;
- Software regression and testing;
- Performance change detection; etc.
- Quality assurance during operation:
- Application performance Monitoring (APM);
- Capacity planning and forecasting;
- Model-driven Performance measurement and benchmarking;
- Feedback-based quality assurance;etc.
- Applications of DevOps:
- Case studies in cloud computing, big data, and smart cyber-physical systems;
- Standardization and interoperability;
- Novel application domains.
- All other topics related to quality-aware DevOps
Authors are invited to submit original, unpublished papers that are not being considered in another forum. We solicit full papers (max 6 pages), short tool papers (max 2 pages), and extended abstracts overviewing a related project (max 1 page). A special session will be organised to showcase project posters for the extended abstracts. All submissions must conform to the ACM conference Format. Each submission will be reviewed by at least two members of the Program Committee.
Papers should be submitted via Easychair at:
At least one author of each accepted paper is required to attend the workshop and present the paper. Presented papers will be published in the ESEC/FSE 2015 proceedings that will be published by ACM and included in the ACM Digital Library.